Monday, January 7, 2008

UFO #1: Bed Curtains and Canopy

This was a UFO (un-finished object) that I entered in the UFO Contest at PatternReview.com

These curtains and canopy are for my daughter's LO bed from IKEA. I found a great deal on the fabric in Feb 2005 and made the curtains right after buying the fabric. I bought the canopy trim a while later but didn't start sewing it up until Feb 2006. After I had put the satin border on, I tried it on the bed to make sure it fit, and ended up leaving it there - not quite finished - until Nov. 2007. I decided I'd better finish it and took it off the bed and to my sewing room, where it sat for another couple months, until I finally finished it, as my first sewing project of 2008!

Fabric Used: 1.5m + remnant from Curtains
Trim Used: 6m

No comments: