Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A sewing (or thinking about sewing) chronicle begins..

This year I have been doing a lot of de-cluttering around the house, and getting more focused on what is important to me.

After beginning the task of measuring, sorting, and cataloging my enormous fabric stash, and also streamlining my wardrobe to a greater percentage of clothes I *love*, I realize that there are whole other wardrobes of clothes I will likely love just waiting in those fabric bins to become something that I will actually be able to wear. Not only that, but the only hope I have of ever finding pants that fit well is to make them!

So this year, by making my life tidier and simpler, I intend to create more time and energy to put into my sewing, and making clothing I love. I will track my progress here, as well as taking note of all those little sewing-related things that used to get lost on various pieces of paper scattered about my home.

No comments: