Tuesday, February 26, 2008

UFO #4: Brown Print Dress


New Look 6557 - View B (Modified)

I cut this out at the end of the summer last year. I used a different pattern for the upper back as I wanted this to be a summer to fall dress with a bit more coverage in the back. I didn't get around to sewing it until now, but it turned out really nice. I have a brown unlined suit jacket that goes nicely with it for cooler weather/office. I wouldn't mind using the pattern again as I quite like a few of the other views as well. I think the colours of this particular print are not my best colours, so I don't love this dress as much as I might have hoped, but I can accessorize with cooler tones and make it work for me.

Fabric used: 2m Petula Sueded Herringbone Prints (grey & camel floral on brown), Brown Poly Pongee lining for bodice.

No comments: